Proud to hold Chartered Insurance Broker status
Rowlands & Hames Insurance Brokers Limited was awarded the prestigious Chartered Insurance Broker designation by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) in January 2009.
At the time of the award, only some 55 insurance broking firms had achieved the CII Chartered Insurance Brokers status, indicating that this is a highly exclusive award reserved for the leading firms of the insurance broking industry. Chartered status – granted by the Privy Council – is the industry’s gold standard for insurance brokers and is currently met by fewer than 100 firms across the country.
The industry’s gold standard for firms of insurance brokers, it confirms that we have satisfied rigorous qualification criteria in terms of retaining highly-qualified staff who subscribe to the membership conditions of the CII. We adhere to the CII’s continuing professional development requirements, ensuring our staff keep their knowledge and skill-set up-to-date. We work in an ethical manner that places clients’ interests at the heart of the advice we give.
It also involves a commitment to the technical and professional development of staff, such as through professional qualifications and adherence to an industry standard Code of Ethics and Conduct, which is enforced through disciplinary sanctions.
When you use a Chartered firm you are dealing with proven professionals. The CII is empowered by the Privy Council to award Chartered status, and the award is only made in deserving cases. While Chartered titles are steeped in history, they remain the benchmark of professional excellence and integrity.
John Isles, Managing Director of Rowlands & Hames Insurance Brokers Ltd., says that securing Chartered Insurance Brokers status is a landmark for his company: “We have always prided ourselves on being thoroughly professional in everything we do, and to receive external recognition in this way is very gratifying. As Chartered Insurance Brokers, we can signal our commitment to the highest levels of service to our customers.”
Only the UK’s premier insurance broking firms qualify for Chartered status.
* The CII is the world’s largest professional body dedicated to the insurance, savings and financial services sector.
Why you should use a firm of Chartered Insurance Brokers
Chartered status brings with it serious obligations. We are required to ensure the advice, service and ongoing support we provide to you is:
- of the highest quality
- based solely on your researched needs
- provided by someone operating within their level of competency
We meet our obligations in a number of ways…
- A culture that encourages the fair treatment of customers
- Encouragement of professional standards for employees through support for technical training and the development and encouragement of appropriate behaviour
- a commitment to the technical and professional development of staff, such as through professional qualifications
- all staff members who deal with customers belong to the industry’s professional body, the CII, and adhere to its Code of Ethics, which is enforced through disciplinary sanctions
- we adhere to the CII’s continuing professional development requirements, ensuring our staff keep their knowledge and skill-set up-to-date.
- A management with the experience and expertise to ensure the business model is sustainable and to implement the model effectively
- Corporate governance and systems that exert appropriate levels of control over the running of the business including risk management, maintaining adequate capital, record-keeping, training and competency programmes
A Chartered title is a commitment to an overall standard of customer excellence and professionalism.