Engineering Insurance & Inspection Insurance
Cover for fire and associated perils is generally catered for under the property/material damage insurance, arranged separately.
However specialist Engineering Insurance must be arranged to cater for damage which could occur due to machinery and plant’s specialist nature:
- Explosion / Explosion & Collapse
- Sudden and Unforseen Damage
- Breakdown of Plant
- Damage to insured’s own surrounding property
- Machinery Movement
- Contract Works
- Hired-in Plant
- Plant Hired-out
- Deterioration of stock due to change in temperature
- Business Interruption/Consequential Losses following the above
Statutory Inspection of various forms of lifting plant and pressure plant is required by law. Further Engineering Inspection is usually dependent upon such items of plant having been inspected.
Statutory inspections under PUWER and LOLER regulations can be arranged.
Engineering Insurance and Inspection companies will also provide services such as:
- Fixed wiring inspections
- Air Conditioning 5 yearly inspections
- Air Sampling Surveys
- Asbestos Surveys