Cafes & Take Aways

Insurance from Rowlands & Hames.

Cafes & Take Aways

Many insurers provide a bespoke ‘package’ type policy for Cafes & Take-away establishments, catering specifically for all their general insurance requirements.

Premiums depend upon the type of café or take-away.

Insurers consider the type of cafe and the forms of cooking involved i.e. ones with deep-fat frying ranges are thought to be more onerous than no deep fat frying etc., as are late-night opening establishments.

Any ‘delivery’ activities must be declared as this can generate additional risks health and safety wise – the motor aspects will also have to be considered.

The main insurances included are:

  • Property Damage & Theft (Buildings, Glass, Contents etc.)
  • Computers (separate wide cover, some insurers)
  • Business Interruption
  • Money on the premises, in safe, in transit
  • Employers’ Liability
  • Public Liability
  • Products Liability
  • Legal Expenses (some insurers)
  • Personal Accident (some insurers)

Rowlands & Hames have access to numerous insurers competing in this market.