Many insurers provide a bespoke ‘package’ type policy for children’s nurseries, catering specifically for all their general insurance requirements.
Care should be taken with regards to employees’ training, the various safety checks, premises security, CCTV, permission to collect children etc, training and experience, CRB checks, external visits etc.
The main insurances included are:
- Property Damage & Theft (Buildings, Glass, Contents, Stock etc.)
- Computers (separate wide cover, some insurers)
- Business Interruption
- Loss of Premises Licence – if applicable
- Money on the premises, in safe, in transit
- Employers’ Liability
- Public Liability
- Products Liability
- Limited Professional Indemnity exposures (some insurers)
- Legal Expenses (some insurers)
- Personal Accident (some insurers)
Rowlands & Hames have access to numerous insurers competing in this market.