Many insurers provide a bespoke ‘package’ type policy for Public Houses and Bars, catering specifically for all their general insurance requirements.
Premiums reflect the business location, the type of bar/pub, city/town centre or not, food-led or wet only, types of entertainment, licensing hours, paid entrance or not, security and manned-security in place and of course claims experience.
The main insurances included are:
- Property Damage & Theft (Buildings, Glass, Contents, Stock etc.)
- Computers (separate wide cover, some insurers)
- Business Interruption – generally on a Revenue Basis
- Loss of Premises License
- Money on the premises, in safe, in transit
- Employers’ Liability
- Public Liability
- Products Liability
- Legal Expenses (some insurers)
- Personal Accident (some insurers)
Rowlands & Hames have access to numerous insurers competing in this market.