Insurance from Rowlands & Hames.


Many insurers provide a bespoke ‘package’ type policy for restaurants, catering specifically for all their general insurance requirements.

Premiums are generally inexpensive (assuming the claims experience is satisfactory).

Insurers consider the type of restaurant and the forms of cooking involved i.e. ones with deep-fat frying ranges are thought to be more onerous than no deep fat frying etc.

Restaurants with outside facilities or providing outside catering etc can also be accommodated.

The main insurances included are:

  • Property Damage & Theft (Buildings, Glass, Contents etc.)
  • Computers (separate wide cover, some insurers)
  • Business Interruption
  • Money on the premises, in safe, in transit
  • Employers’ Liability
  • Public Liability
  • Products Liability
  • Legal Expenses (some insurers)
  • Personal Accident (some insurers)

Rowlands & Hames have access to numerous insurers competing in this market.