Self Employed / Tradesmen

Insurance from Rowlands & Hames.

Insurance for the Self Employed and Tradesmen

Many insurers provide a bespoke ‘package’ type policy for the self-employed or tradesmen, catering specifically for all their general insurance requirements.

Initially designed for self-employed one or two man firms of contractors, these policies have developed into accommodating almost all forms of small contracting firms (often up to 8 staff including owners).

Further, non-contractors are increasingly accommodated such as management consultants, self-employed contractors and designers, and other such professionals.

Non-contractors operating a business from home are best catered for by a working from home policy. The main insurances included are:

  • Property Damage & Theft (Buildings, Glass, Contents, Stock etc.)
  • Computers (separate wide cover, some insurers)
  • Business Interruption – generally on an Increased Cost of Working basis
  • Money on the premises, in safe, in transit
  • Employers’ Liability
  • Public Liability
  • Products Liability (if applicable)
  • Legal Expenses (some insurers)
  • Personal Accident (some insurers)

Rowlands & Hames have access to numerous insurers competing in this market.