Many insurers provide a bespoke ‘package’ type policy for Surgeries (whether GP practices, small clinics, dentists and Vets etc, catering specifically for all their general insurance requirements.
Premiums are generally inexpensive (subject to claims experience).
These policies do not extend to include the ‘medical negligence’ aspects of such operations as these are generally arranged separately. However the usual employers and public liability risks are included.
The main insurances included are:
- Property Damage & Theft (Buildings, Glass, Contents etc.)
- Computers (separate wide cover, some insurers)
- Business Interruption
- Money on the premises, in safe, in transit
- Employers’ Liability
- Public Liability
- Products Liability
- Engineering (breakdown, lifting/pressure plant, etc – some insurers)
- Legal Expenses (some insurers)
- Personal Accident (some insurers)
Rowlands & Hames have access to numerous insurers competing in this market.