Private Medical Insurance
Group Private Medical Insurance (PMI) is a policy taken out by an employer to enable their employees to receive eligible private treatment quickly with the minimum disruption, thereby helping to reduce the cost of sickness absence
- Employees are probably the most important asset a company has, so looking after their health is crucial to your business
- Group PMI provides a high-value benefit and peace-of-mind to attract and retain experienced employees
- PMI is normally an allowable business expense for corporation tax purposes under current tax rules.
- Above all, Group PMI can help to reduce the cost of sickness absence.
- Peace of mind – they will not have to wait on the NHS for eligible treatment
- Employees can choose where and when they are treated to ensure their treatment fits in with home and business schedules
- Own private room in most cases
- Visiting times to suit them
- Cover can often be extended to their family as well (either company paid or on a voluntary basis).
5 Good Reasons to Have PMI:
- Can help manage the cost of short-term sickness absence and other impacts on business and provides treatment to employees so they can return to work as quickly as possible
- Can serve as an excellent recruitment, motivation and retention tool
- Provides a high-value benefit and peace-of-mind to attract and retain experienced employees
- You may be perceived as a caring employer
- Helps towards satisfying your responsibilities as an employer.
Group Private Medical Schemes are often more competitive than buying the same cover on an individual basis. Schemes can be arranged for 2 lives upwards