Cafes & Take Aways
Many insurers provide a bespoke ‘package’ type policy for Cafes & Take-away establishments, catering specifically for all their general insurance requirements.
Premiums depend upon the type of café or take-away.
Insurers consider the type of cafe and the forms of cooking involved i.e. ones with deep-fat frying ranges are thought to be more onerous than no deep fat frying etc., as are late-night opening establishments.
Any ‘delivery’ activities must be declared as this can generate additional risks health and safety wise – the motor aspects will also have to be considered.
The main insurances included are:
- Property Damage & Theft (Buildings, Glass, Contents etc.)
- Computers (separate wide cover, some insurers)
- Business Interruption
- Money on the premises, in safe, in transit
- Employers’ Liability
- Public Liability
- Products Liability
- Legal Expenses (some insurers)
- Personal Accident (some insurers)
Rowlands & Hames have access to numerous insurers competing in this market.