Land Owners Liability

Insurance from Rowlands & Hames.

Land Owners Liability Insurance

Land owners liability insurance is relevant where you just own land, without a building on site and you need to protect yourself against legal liability for any damages sought after an accident or injury to a third party.

Such cover is often required for:

  • Sites pending building development
  • Brownfield sites following demolition
  • Grazing, moorland and woodland
  • Private / residents roads
  • Rough country
  • Undeveloped pasture

Standard Land Owners Liability Cover tends to start at £1m.

Particular care should be taken with land where there are public rights of way, in close proximity to housing estates (due to the inherent danger of children accessing the site), and any land with ponds/lakes, streams, rivers and other water-courses.