Office insurance

Insurance from Rowlands & Hames.

Office insurance – what is it and what does it cover?

Many insurers provide a bespoke ‘package’ type policy for office insurance, catering specifically for all their general insurance requirements.

Premiums are generally inexpensive (subject to claims experience).

These office insurance policies do not extend to include any ‘professional indemnity‘ exposures – these would generally be arranged separately although some insurers can now extend to include PI in the one policy.

Any non-manual work-away from the office can also be accommodated, as can businesses that facilitate employees working from homes.

The main insurances included are:

  • Property Damage & Theft (Buildings, Glass, Contents etc.)
  • Computers (separate wide cover, some insurers)
  • Business Interruption – generally on a Revenue Basis
  • Money on the premises, in safe, in transit
  • Employers’ Liability
  • Public Liability
  • Products Liability (not generally an issue with offices)
  • Legal Expenses (some insurers)
  • Personal Accident (some insurers)

Rowlands & Hames have access to numerous insurers competing in this market, contact us for more details.