Insurance for the Self Employed and Tradesmen
Many insurers provide a bespoke ‘package’ type policy for the self-employed or tradesmen, catering specifically for all their general insurance requirements.
Initially designed for self-employed one or two man firms of contractors, these policies have developed into accommodating almost all forms of small contracting firms (often up to 8 staff including owners).
Further, non-contractors are increasingly accommodated such as management consultants, self-employed contractors and designers, and other such professionals.
Non-contractors operating a business from home are best catered for by a working from home policy. The main insurances included are:
- Property Damage & Theft (Buildings, Glass, Contents, Stock etc.)
- Computers (separate wide cover, some insurers)
- Business Interruption – generally on an Increased Cost of Working basis
- Money on the premises, in safe, in transit
- Employers’ Liability
- Public Liability
- Products Liability (if applicable)
- Legal Expenses (some insurers)
- Personal Accident (some insurers)
Rowlands & Hames have access to numerous insurers competing in this market.